Top 10 ways to decrease your appetite
Did you fall off the wagon this Super Bowl?
I am a proponent of doing many things – not all – in moderation. Eating is one of those things. While I do not yet claim success in practicing all of the following methods to control my appetite, I figure that where there’s a will, there’s a way. If you’re looking for the top 10 ways to decrease your appetite, you’ve come to the right place. Thanks to WikiHow for the germ of this list. My comments are included, because that’s what this blogging payday loans monkey does.
Your Franz Liszt of Lists
(Ladies would swoon and throw their scented kerchiefs at him, I’m expecting the same):
- Brush your teeth or rinse with mouthwash. Why? Well, for most individuals, the sodium laureth sulfate in oral cleaning products makes foods taste horrible. Surely your gag reflex will win out over a desire for that sweet jelly roll.
- Drink water or unsweetened tea. Drink regularly and trick your brain. Actually, drink is often all it wants, and water is a fantastic, natural option. Coffee or tea can work as backups because caffeine tends to suppress appetite in some.
- Eat filling foods with low calories. Non-chunky soups that are primarily water or simple green salads tend to work here.
- Go high fiber. Fruits, vegetables, whole grains and legumes are what you should be eating.
- Don’t race! Take your time, chew your food, use small utensils – whatever works to get you to eat less and not wolf down your food.
- Exercise. Aerobic exercise in particular is great, because it alters your hormone levels. Set yourself to jangling about!
- Free your mind with hideous, gross stuff. Bombard your senses on all levels. Look at disgusting photos. Smell something horrible. Brush your teeth some more and savor that taste. If you need something more active, WikiHow recommends going to clean your toilet or change your cat box. I mean your’ cat’s litter box, of course. If you’re using a cat box, you have more serious problems.
- Hypnosis. If you want a bit more mental reinforcement, hypnosis can be a great way to go. Plant that seed in your subconscious mind!
- Sleeeeeep! More on the mind here. Your body needs leptin to be kept at proper levels, and the best way to get it is to have a proper night’s sleep. With too little leptin, you’ll feel hungry more often. Check out how much sleep you need, keeping in mind that REM cycles run about 90 minutes each. Come out of sleep in the middle of one of these and you’ll feel like you have a hangover. Your leptin level will likely be askew, too.
- Wear ear plugs. I can’t find much to back this up, but I thought it sounded interesting. Frankly, I’d say that putting your food in a safe would be as effective.
If you find that you need payday loans for food, discover a balance
Please… before it destroys you. You can eat healthy without breaking the bank!